For some, social media doesn’t stop over the festive time and needs to be maintained for your business. I have compiled some tips to help you to get this in place so you too can enjoy some well deserved time off!
- There is still time to get some posts planned and scheduled in over the Christmas period, you can use Facebook directly for this or use Hootsuite (or any other 3rd party planning tool – many are available) to get quality consistent posts prepared over the holidays, I have already made a start on mine! Don’t forget scheduled posts on Facebook has moved, go to Publishing tools to create a series of scheduled posts.
- Think about when your business is open and closed over Christmas, make sure you update your hours on Google My Business, for example, or create a graphic with your planned working hours and pin to the top of your stream.
- At this time of year, you don’t have to be all business-like use this opportunity to be a little light-hearted and fun on your streams to get into the party spirit.
- If you feel you won’t have the time for social media over Christmas, consider outsourcing it to someone who can keep things ticking over for you, it could be a lot easier than you think!
- If you are considering compiling some adverts for your social media over Christmas, then we would recommend you plan ahead and get these drafted and approved BEFORE everyone breaks up, otherwise, they may not run when you want them to.
- Make sure you get some interactions done with other local businesses and community groups, share a little Christmas love!
Of course, it is important to have time off at Christmas (even I do) but if you can try some of the tips above, then your social media can tick along nicely for you to pick it up in the New year.
Good Luck and Season’s Greetings to you all! Don’t forget Canva has a tonne of Christmas templates available to you.